Tuesday 23 August 2011

Show and tell

I haven't had a chance to share my show and tell from the Quilt and Craft Fair at the end of July so here it is.

I raided the bargain bin again at the Kelani shop ... an annual task. This time I found a nice pack of Prints Charming prints (destined to be new cushion covers), and remnants of "Sherbet Pips" and a linen blend fabric with retro kitchen crockery on the print. I also bought a length of Alexander Henry's "Heath" in black (see in the background of the photo) which is such a useful print to have and might be the backing for the cushions.


While I looked closely at three brands of sewing machines, my only tool purchase was a replacement 45 mm rotary cutter as my Olfa no longer works and can't be fixed. This time I chose Fiskars from Finland as my Fiskars cutting scissors have lasted me 25 years plus and are fabulous. I also got some English paper piecing papers and cutting templates for a few dollars, so as to have a hand sewing project, but haven't decided on fabric yet.






No comments: