Monday 13 February 2012

Old Friend

Kathy's recent post about her old friend (panda bear) from childhood prompted me to take a pic of mine. A while ago my mother in law passed on my husband's childhood teddy bear as she has downsized her house to a unit. Ted's presence made me decide to bring back my toy from my parents' home when we visited over Christmas. Meet - "Little Joe".




I have had him - he's a clown - since I was a baby and he was made by my aunty Elaine, Mum's sister. My aunty also made those fabulous PJs for one of my birthdays when his clown suit had worn out. You might notice also the blanket stitching around some holes in his face and hands ... I patched him up when I was in primary school and he won "Best Loved Toy" at the church fete!

My husband's teddy:



I've washed his dusty trousers but I'm not sure how the spiffy jacket would hold up!

My younger brother had a panda very similar to Kathy's and he was also given a long-legged clown, who was named "Big Joe", by the same aunty.

No comments: