Monday 27 August 2012

Foundation Piecing

Recently my friend Louise and I did a workshop at Ballarat Patchwork on Foundation Piecing using freezer paper templates with the Harlequin Stars pattern by Emma Jansen. The class was really well taught by Pam Jansen and a fun day out. I liked the technique and my blue and white fabrics were a good choice, looking quite dramatic. Each star block was made of four identical quarters and we got two completed in the class - there was a lot of cutting first to get started. When I finished up my block it was quite hard to get the centre where the points all meet up looking perfect (mine's not!). I didn't think I would make another 15 stars for the 16 block quilt so I made mine up into a pretty cushion with a blue print on the back. I admire Emma who has made two of these quilts - one for the Victorian Quilters Guild raffle prize and the other for the shop sample.



No comments: