Friday 15 January 2010

Quilt Memories


Here is my most recent finished quilt. This is a cot or lap sized quilt. Bright isn't it! The blocks came from a Southern Cross Quilters (my online group) 9-patch swap where the theme fabric was Amy Butler (with some Kaffe Fassett thrown in). I sorted the 9-patches I received into two groups, basically bright and pastel. The additional fabrics came from "In Stitches of Williamstown". It remained a top for a while as I had no recipient in mind ... then friend Louise invited me to go with her to a hand quilting with Perle thread class at Amitie. This was a wonderful relaxed and informative class, we learnt all about batting, needles, threads and quilting and were itching to get started on our own projects. I used four shades of perle 8 and did a lot of the stitching during the national mountain bike orienteering weekend at Mt Gambier and watching the Bathurst 1000 V8 Supercars race (a family tradition). I particularly liked the way the circles and cable turned out.

No comments: