Tuesday 1 June 2010

London - Day 8

I got sidetracked and didn't finish my London posts, so here goes.

Tuesday was a long train trip to Kew Gardens as my Richmond train twice got redirected to Ealing Broadway and I had to hop off! The outdoor station was charming as were the group of little shops nearby. The butcher's shop had sirloin type steaks for 36 BP/kilo (about A$51 at the time) and lamb loin chops for 28BP/kilo (about A$40) ... I am sure the locals eat cheaper cuts of meat most of the time!



I visited the gardens and then the local patchwork shop that I had researched at home - Tikki Patchwork.


It was easy to find from the internet directions and thankfully open. A small but well stocked shop with a lot of quilts on display. Kaffe Fassett prints and most others were 10 BP /metre which was good value for an Aussie. I was tempted by one kit but had a number of the fabrics in my left overs pile so just made some notes for later! I did, however, buy a kit of Scandinavian fabrics in white, blue, red and pink plus the binding and backing fabrics as they were all in 150 cm wide and only 13 BP/metre.

I also picked up some KF fabric for a backing - matching floral and spot.


Later that day we had quick ready meal and then went off to a West End show - "Jersey Boys" - which was great entertainment. Terrific to be able to go there and back in safety on the underground rail.

No comments: