Tuesday 5 October 2010

Barossa Valley - Aust O Champs & Schools Champs

Had a great week in the Barossa Valley for the Aust Champs, staying with some of the Bayside gang at the YHA's Wilderness cottage in the Sandy Creek Conservation Park. It was central to the events and it was so nice to only have a short drive to each one instead of the usual 75-90 minutes.

There were many good performances from the Victorians ... I was most happy with my run on the "Beat the Brats" course which was the Australian Junior Boys course of 4.5 km, which my son also ran.




The Barossa was so green and we saw many nice areas, visited Angaston Market where Maggie Beer was also shopping, visited  several wineries, had  a club BBQ and a club boules tournament, read books and newspapers, played scrabble and I completed a whole quilt top on my machine, which I had squeezed into the car!



The canola fields were so bright you definitely needed sunglasses on the drive over.



There were lots of trees, shrubs and wildflowers as well as orchids to be seen.


No comments: